A session specifically designed for trainers, coaches and people professionals who want to develop their knowledge and skills around using strengths-based approaches in practice.
Enabling people to recognise their strengths and make good use of them, is one of the great joys of being a development professional. It is also a great way to tap into a host of personal and organisational benefits.
Facilitated by Martin Galpin or Michele Deeks, the creators of At My Best®, this interactive workshop will introduce a new and engaging approach to strengths identification and development, while giving you the opportunity to try out a host of practical activities.
“Thoroughly enjoyable whether you are new to strengths or a seasoned facilitator!”
Sarah Setterfield, Director, Impact for Success
Who is it suitable for?
Whether you are working in-house or as a consultant, this workshop will be ideal if you are a coach, facilitator or learning & development professional. It is also popular with other professionals who are looking to bring the best out of others, such as teachers, counsellors or SME owners.
"A great blend of information, insights and practical activities"
Amanda Maclean, OD & Leadership Consultant, Canterbury Christ Church University
What will the session cover?
- An overview of positive psychology and the key factors that enable people to flourish
- A review of the research evidence showing the benefits of strengths-based approaches
- An introduction to the At My Best tools, how they were developed and the philosophy that underpins them
- Practical exercises you can use to build awareness of strengths with individuals, groups and teams
- An overview of the At My Best online tools (including At My Best 360) and how they differ from other popular products such as StrengthsFinder, VIA and Insights
- Spotting strengths in others and building an appreciative culture
- Helping people move forward, making the most of their strengths
Of course, this workshop provides a great opportunity to network with like-minded people from a range of backgrounds.
“I left this session feeling motivated, energised and equipped to try out new things using the Strengths Cards. It has had a huge impact on my practice and will give my clients new and safe ways to explore some very sensitive areas.”
Debs Hirst, Coaching Co-ordinator
What will you take away?
- A good grounding in the research that underpins strengths-based approaches
- An awareness of the key benefits of the At My Best approach to strengths development
- An understanding of how to use strengths-based approaches in different ways with different audiences
- Practical tools and exercises to use in your own work
- Confidence in using the At My Best tools in a variety of different contexts
You will also take away £100 worth of At My Best tools; a pack of strengths cards plus 3 credits for At My Best 360, so you can experience the impact of strengths-based feedback yourself and gift it to others.
All sessions run from 10:00 until 16:30 (arrive from 9:30), with lunch provided. Venues are as follows...
Birmingham: Jewellery Quarter Conference Centre, 10 Vyse Street, Jewellery Quarter, B18 6LT
Bristol: The Waterfront, Welsh Back, BS1 4SB
London: British Psychological Society, 30 Tabernacle Street, EC2A 4UE
Manchester: The LifeCentre, 235 Washway Road, Sale, M33 4BP